Wednesday, December 24, 2008

California Dreamin

Well after a lot of drama at 6am on Monday morning...I made my way to San Francisco at midnight yesterday. We have since walked a shit ton, explored the city. and saw where my brother works. He gets paid to sell fancy shit to people and cook fancy foods in a restaurant called, Boulettes Larder, in a place called The Ferry Building, which is so amazing. It a fancy market. Full of specialty stores, for...mushrooms, olive oils, teas, vegetables, meats, cheeses, bread, caviar, wine, spices, gelato, cakes...it is incredible. I could sample things all day. There is an amazing kitchen supply store there as well. I walked through this place multiple times yesterday wishing I could share that time with my friends. You all would have flipped your shit.

Now I lay in my hotel bed, so sore from walking, ha. Drinking yummy tea from Colorado with homemade biscotti and preparing to get up and take the bus to go grocery shopping in cheap Mexican markets with my brother for Christmas dinner. We will be sharing Christmas with his boyfriend and roommate. My brother's roommate was a drag queen model on Project Runway last season...he is absolutely fabulous and his house is so incredible. I am very jealous. It is full of 50's antiques and vintage suitcases. The kitchen is full of vintage pyrex, it is my dream.

It is safe to say...I am happy. I love San Francisco. I love being able to spend time with my Mom and my brother. I am looking foward to the rest of my trip. Merry Christmas Eve!

1 comment:

Deepa said...

ahhhhh!! so awesome!